- watched thierry rautureau, “the chef in the hat“, whip up some beautiful concoctions over the weekend at the international food bloggers conference in seattle. fresh tomato bisque, chanterelle mushroom crostini and a watermelon cocktail. yum! he is also a hoot.
- he claimed washington the best place ever for food.
- true story. it is. (biased much?)
- but seriously. we have apples, coffee, oysters and salmon. what else do you need in life?
- when i lived in arizona the closest thing i had to washington was imported smoked salmon.
- i used to make a smoked salmon sandwich once a week.
- also a true story.
smoked salmon sandwich for one
- pre-packaged smoked salmon
- handful arugula
- 1/4 cup neufchatel cheese, room temperature (or cream cheese)
- 1 tbsp italian herb blend
- 1 tbsp pesto
- 2 slices whole wheat sourdough
- combine neufchatel cheese and italian herbs in a small bowl
- spread this mix on a slice of sourdough
- spread the pesto on the other slice of sourdough
- layer the arugula on the pesto side
- then salmon
- then top with other slice
- slice in half and enjoy!
*thanks ifbc for the reduced food blogger rate! all opinions are my own.