how to trick your husband into eating tofu= add chocolate.
don’t believe me? try making this dark chocolate mousse. it is super decadent, rich and tastes nothing like tofu. i add dark brewed coffee for extra depth of flavor and bourbon because well…just because.
this becomes easily dairy free by using dairy free chocolate and dairy free graham crackers. and if you want it to be both dairy free AND gluten free, omit the crust.
- 10 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 12 oz non gmo silken tofu
- ½ cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 vanilla bean or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp bourbon (optional)
- 1 cup ground chocolate graham crackers
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- in a large bowl, heat bittersweet chocolate in the microwave in 30 second increments (heat for 30 seconds, stir and repeat until chocolate is melted)
- stir in the coffee, vanilla and bourbon
- the mixture may separate, but keep stirring and it will come back together
- dice up the silken tofu and stir it into the chocolate mixture
- using a hand blender or mixer, blend the ingredients until smooth
- combine the ground chocolate graham crackers and coconut oil
- i serve these in sauce dishes by adding 1 tbsp of the crust to the bottom of the dish and spooning about ¼ of the chocolate mixture on top
- refrigerate for at least 1 hour