hello, spring! finally, the sun!
it’s a little early this year, but i’m totally ok with that.
what’s your favorite part of spring? i love the magnolias that bloom around here. they aren’t particular long lasting. in fact, they seem to only stick around for a month. then they are gone. just like that.
nature is strange that way.
- 8 oz shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and wiped clean
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp butter
- set sous vide machine to 185 degrees
- combine the shiitake mushrooms, thyme, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt in a vacuum sealed bag
- seal the bag (using the "wet" ingredient method)
- cook the mushrooms in the water bath for 40 minutes
- once cooked, remove the mushrooms from the bag and discard the liquid
- heat a large pan over high heat
- add butter
- once the butter has melted, add the mushrooms
- sear the mushrooms until browned
*thank you sous vide supreme for sponsoring this post! all opinions are my own.
**read my review for the sous vide supreme here.