i’m the worst at eating breakfast during the week. it’s usually go go go in the morning and i often “forget” to eat. next thing i know it’s 10 am and i’ve somehow inhaled my lunch. don’t get me wrong. i love breakfast. in a perfect world work would start at 10 and i’d spend my mornings catching up on foodie blogs and munching on avocado toast and eggs in a cloud.
so dreamy. but until then, these cookies will do just fine.
these breakfast energy cookies are chock full of the good stuff. chia seeds, hemp seeds, almond flour, dried berries and CHOCOLATE. yes. chocolate. they kind of remind me of oatmeal raisin cookies. minus the oatmeal. and the raisins…
you’ll see 😉
but seriously. who says no to cookies for breakfast?
- 1¾ almond flour
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup dried berries
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- set oven to 350 degrees
- combine all the ingredients in a bowl
- line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- scoop ¼ cup of the batter and gently place onto the baking sheet
- carefully shape into a circle (batter will be sticky, it helps to oil your measuring cup and your fingers)
- bake for 35 minutes or until lightly browned on top